Sunday 7 July 2013

Were are the Algonquins!!

A lot of Algonquins didn't settle on reserves in Ontario and are not federally recognized. It's very hard to trace their records. I know, my ancestors came from, Lake of the Two Mountains(Oka)in Quebec and settle in the Sharbot Lake area in Ontario. I am starting to finds records for them. I don't how long they were in Oka. The Sulpician Mission contain records of births, deaths and marriages. Some of the Algonquins originate from Trois-Rivieres in Quebec. There may be Church records on them also. Going further back, there may be records from the Ottawa Valley in Ontario. So, in my case, starting from Oka. To see how far I can go back. I can take my search to Trois Rivieres or the Ottawa Vallery. I will have to use church records. I hear some records are in France. wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment